Monday, September 27, 2010

Chapter Three

I've noticed something about how I live and how I think recently; something extremely important, yet so easy to miss because it's so deeply embedded in how I live and how I think. I wonder if it's the same for you? Our lives are filled with imposed structures - rules, time, due dates, goals, limits, expectations.... Take a typical day in my own life - I wake up, go to uni, come home, go to bed, wake up...

I have realised that because I have been taught to "think ahead!" and "get organised!", I concentrate so much on what I'm going to do next that I hardly ever truly think about and appreciate the moment I am in. When I wake up, I think about having breakfast. When I'm having breakfast, I think about getting to the bus on time. When I'm on the bus, I'm thinking about what lecture's I'm going to go to. When I'm in the lecture, I'm thinking about what work I need to do when I get home. By the time I'm working on an essay, I can't wait to get to bed. Getting the picture?

Before you start to think that my blog has taken a nihilistic turn for the worst, I would like to point out that there are certain moments with certain people in my day where I where I truly enjoy the moment.

They make every moment incredible, no matter of what you are doing.

They always make you laugh.


You love them like your own family.



It's at these moments that I think nothing of what I should be doing next or where I should be going.

And I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks like this. So please - smile, stop, and appreciate it because it seems like the more we enjoy doing something, the faster it passes us by.

Until next time, 
be good and eat your vegies.

3 comments:

  1. 1. don't worry I don't think your blog could possibly take a turn for the worse?
    2. photos of people on the internet? might not be the best idea tbh
    3. To contradict point number 1, this blog can be construed to say be more like me, so I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher pote, I miss you tremendously. We look fab in that photo and I WANNA HANG OUT WITH YOU DAMNIT.

    Much love,
    Your Pote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing my very best to grow a mustache all year just pour toi xx

    ReplyDelete